Friday, July 17, 2009

A favourite moment

Last night, we found a pizzeria and were delighted to have a table outside in the lovely wee village close to our hotel. B was a bit unsure about the thunder and lightning and the black clouds rolling in ...when the rain started to fall we huddled under someone else's umbrella for a few minutes, and then the rain stopped, just as suddenly as it had started. Just as we were deciding we'd be fine outside after all, the wind picked up.

The waitress, who was completely unfazed by this, held the door for us all as we shuffled inside, maybe a dozen of us. She caught my eye as I passed her and grinned.

"That's France!"

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Ohhhh it all sounds too good, I'm so glad you're all well and having fun. I'm telling your mom!
Enjoy your England & say hi to "Liz & Phil" for me if you get the chance...they're my distant relatives y'know.