Sunday, December 18, 2005

A few recent domestic triumphs

1) yesterday I made sure I had all the ingredients for hamburger soup to put in the crockpot for tonight. And then I lost the recipe.

2) Thursday I put porkchops in the microwave to defrost. I punched in all the right things, what they were and how thick and how much they all weighed - I even hit START - and they didn't defrost. Did I think "Well there must be something wrong with the microwave."? No, with my usual clear-thinking cause-and-effect approach I thought "Huh. Guess the defrost option only works for hamburger."

3) Just now, unloading the dishwasher, I found a ...teabag. My carpets may need vacuuming, but I have the cleanest teabags in town! And also, I know where the expression "this tea tastes like dishwater comes from."

3 comments:

Slow'n'Steady said...

You are not behind. I don't want you to try and catch up. Just jump in where we are. :-)

What IS it with people who can do it right all the time?

Spindrift said...

Greetings, I was reading some blogs and came across your blog. I really enjoy how it makes such good reading.

I'll come by again.

Regards,

AIU Degree Online

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work lipitor online from dreampharmaceuticals Color contact lenses online Vodavi phone connecticut minolta 2300 color laser printer cheap tickets united airlines to israel Fine furniture design and marketing Dodge 3500 4-wheel drive parts gay videos free no trial Latin translation for brothers color printers arkansas everybody take a valium Pda games freeware free palm zire downloads Lavender poly spandex slinky blouse