Thursday, December 29, 2005

Almost too much to process

On B's 4th birthday, we gave him the bike he had been begging for for several months. When he saw the bike, he leaned back against the garage door and casually said "I know what that is. It's a bike." He then sauntered over to it, taking his own sweet time.

Even though he was beyond thrilled with it, it was at least ten minutes before he allowed a small smile to sneak out.

Today I got a copy of the "Lays of Ind" in the mail, one I ordered from a bookseller in Toronto last week.

I opened, and read, all the other mail first.

5 comments:

darien said...

wow, that's discipline!

ccap said...

Yeah, I get that. Savoring the moment.

Kassi said...

I do that every time I get an (increasingly rare) real life letter from my best friend :)

Enjoy your book :)

Heather said...

Yup, I've done that too :-)

Slow'n'Steady said...

ah, you do have a Gift. how you capture the angst and joy in one simple sentence and those who are your friends - understand.