1) Refer to all people coming up fast in your rear-view as "Speedy McSpeeder" and say things like "Whoa there, Speedy McSpeeder!" in your head.
2) Spend 15 minutes pondering whether or not it would be correct to spell that "Speedy McSpeeter".
3) Wonder where on earth you heard the surname "McFeeters".
4) Spend at least ten minutes trying to come up with surnames that rhyme with "McFeeters".
5) While your conscious mind is wandering thusly, freeing up CPU space for your subconscious mind, suddenly realize that if you made the first line of that poem end with "vapor, wraith - nothing more", you could use "mist" to replace the inappropriate "wafted" in the second line.
6) Spend 17.5 minutes trying to scribble that on the back of an envelope, causing many Speedy McSpeeters to come up behind you and look annoyed.
7) Spend at least 45 minutes looking for a radio station and trying to get rid of the word "some" at the end of the second line of that poem, even though "some malevolent" sounds so good together.
and hey presto, you're home!
Nice to be away, nicer to be back. My kids hug good.