Monday, August 15, 2005

Sewing Update #2

Machines off, dust covers on (oops hang on a sec - ok now they're on) machines unplugged, presser feet hidden (I have a six year old with a passion for machinery and hands-on involvement) - two outfits laid out nicely on the back of the couch.

What took the longest? Altering B's pants because I thought he needed more "rise" and so I gave him more and he put them on and said "I don't like puffy!!" And indeed, they were puffy, and the fiddling began.

Also the nifty-neato, surprising cheap iron-on Austrian crystal decal - it took an inordinately long time for me to figure out "let cool for 2 minutes" meant "let cool for 2 minutes" and that any peek I snuck ahead of time just to see if it really worked was ripping the crystals off because the glue hadn't dried. And really - it doesn't take boatloads of patience to wait TWO MINUTES.

And now I'm going to bed while it's still today.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! Waiting for pics!

Mongooser said...

but i wannaaaa see it nowwwwwwww!!!!
*goes into Homer J mode dancing up n down*

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »